Engineering is the application of scientific, economic, social and practical knowledge in order to design, build and maintain structures, machines, devices, systems, materials and processes. It may encompass using insights to conceive, model and scale an appropriate solution to a problem or objective. The discipline of engineering is extreemly broad and encompasses a range of more specialized fields of engineering, each with a more specific emphasis on particular areas of technology and types of application (source: Wikipedia).
Designing and engineering of machinery is in the following order:
- Investigate and analyse the definition of a problem,
- Making a plan,
- Doing a suggestion, design,
- Working out the design, as a 3D drawing,
- If approved, working out the drawings for production
- Archivate and making "as build" drawings.
If necessary it is possible to direct the production during the making of the installation/machinery.